- 230 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour, unbleached + 60 g (1/2 cup) for kneading
- 90 g (1/2 cup) medium wheat semolina
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) traditional active dry yeast
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) lukewarm water
- In a bowl combine 500 ml (2 cups) flour, semolina, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit until foamy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the yeast mixture into the flour mixture.
- Form into a ball. Remove from bowl and knead until smooth and elastic, about 15 minutes, adding more flour if dough is sticky.
- Put the ball of dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Store dough in a warm place until it doubles in volume, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down dough. Cut dough in half. Set aside.