Serving: 10 to 12 pieces
For the brownies:
10 ounces [300 g] or 10 squares semi-sweet milk or dark chocolate
1 cup [250 g] butter
1 ½ cup [360 g] sugar
1 teaspoon [5 ml] vanilla
1 ½ cup [250 g] unbleached flour
3 tablespoons [45 ml] cocoa powder
1 teaspoon [5 ml] salt
For the cheese filling:
16 oz [500 g] cream cheese, softened
½ cup [120 g] sugar
2 tablespoons [30 ml] flour
340 g fresh raspberries (wash the fruit in warm water and leave them to dry)
2 tablespoons [30 ml] sugar
1 teaspoon [5 ml] cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350 ° F [180 ° C]. Butter and flour a 33 cm x 23 cm (15 x 10-inch) rectangular pan or line with parchment paper.
For the brownies:
1) Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwaveable bowl for a few seconds (stop, whip and repeat). Once completely melted, stir well and let cool.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs and whisk on medium speed.
3) Add in the sugar and vanilla. Mix on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until the colour of the mixture slightly fades.
4) During this time, in another bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients with a fork and reserve.
5) Put the electric mixer on low speed and incorporate the butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs followed by half of the dry ingredients and mix.
6) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir until a nice and smooth dough is obtained. Spread into the mould evenly and set aside.
For the cheese filling and raspberries:
1) Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Put in a bowl and whisk. Add in the sugar, followed by the eggs and the flour. Set aside.
2) Add 1 cup (140 g) of raspberries into a bowl and spread the rest over the brownie mixture.
3) Evenly pour the cheese filing on top of the brownie.
4) Crush the remaining raspberries with a fork and add the sugar and cornstarch.
5) Drop by spoonful the raspberry mixture here and there on top of the cheese filling. Using the tip of a knife, make swirls in the raspberry filling.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until the cheese filling seems set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into portions.