Double-mustard salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) honey
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 shallots, sliced into rounds
- 1½ lb. (680 g) salmon fillet (cut into 4 sections, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 g) panko
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine honey, both types of mustard, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Spread shallot rounds on bottom of baking sheet.
- Place salmon fillet on top of shallot rounds with the skin side up.
- Baste fillet generously with mustard mix.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until well done and skin comes away easily with a fork.
- Melt and stir butter in a pan.
- Add panko. Stir thoroughly and add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and add dill.
- Set aside.
- Add panko crumble to salmon fillet just before serving.