Cookies in a jar as a gift
Dried apples caramel cookies
Servings: 24 cookies
Preparation: 10 minutes
- ¾ cup (160 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 g) sugar
- 1 ¼ (205 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (90 g) Skor® Caramel chips
- ½ cup (110 g) Hershey’s® Sea Salt Caramel chips
- ½ cup (50 g) dried apples, diced (optional)
- Take a Mason jar with a capacity of one litre or another pretty jar that can hold the same amount.
- Pour the brown sugar into the jar and lightly press down to equalize it.
- In a bowl, whisk in the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt and pour over the brown sugar.
- Add the caramel chips, then the sea salt caramel chips and finish with the diced apples, if desired.
- Close the jar and garnish with a nice ribbon and a label with the name of the person to whom the gift is intended and another with the method of preparation for cooking.
Cooking Instructions to Write on the Label
- Preheat oven to 350 ○ F (180 ○ C).
- Microwave ½ cup (115 g) of butter in the microwave for a few minutes in a large bowl, until melted.
- Add one egg to the melted butter, whisk lightly, pour in the cookie mix and blend it all together.
- You can use your hands to make sure the preparation gets homogeneous.
- Take about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of cookie dough, roll it into a ball and flatten the scoop.
- Place the cookie on a buttered and floured baking sheet or a silicone baking sheet.
- Put 12 cookies on the plate and cook for 12 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the cookies rest for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack.